SPBS Announces 2016 University Scholarship Programs
SPBS continues its tradition of “giving back” by officially announcing its 2016 University Scholarship program. Ever since its inception, SPBS has a long tradition of reaching and supporting eligible candidates as they pursue their college education. Our goal is unchanged – to support our eligible CEMSS students at all stages from incoming freshmen to college bound students. In this release we focus on our University programs. Here, we present our proud tradition and most importantly, we introduce a new scholarship – the Ridley Guishard Scholarship.
We endeavor to provide critical support for students in college and build a “family” of new leaders and future servants for the CEMSS community. We celebrate our 1st winner – Mrs. Sharine Hodge. Sharine (2013 Undergraduate Winner) graduated from Cameron College in 2014.
Sandy Point Benevolent Society (SPBS) is once again looking for suitable qualified applicants for FOUR (4). These scholarships bear testimony to the continued commitment of the group [SPBS] to strengthen investment in education in St. Kitts.
Contest rules and application form are captured below.
SPBS awards an annual scholarship to one deserving undergraduate student and one graduate student for the Sir Hugh Rawlins scholarship, to assist him/her with their tuition, books, supplies and incidentals.
1. Candidates must be graduates of Sandy Point High/Charles E. Mills Secondary School
2. Candidates must be actively attending college/university and pursuing an undergraduate, graduate or post graduate degree
3. Candidates, whether pursuing their degree onsite (on campus) or via distance education, must be registered for a minimum of 6 credits per semester
4. Candidates must have completed at minimum, one Semester, and have obtained a GPA of at least 3.00 on a scale of 4.00 for the undergraduate scholarship.
5. Candidates must have a proven record of involvement in community development.
6. Candidates must not be on full scholarship
· Completed application form. 500 word essay/statement of purpose
· Proof of school enrollment and GPA will be verified prior to award
Undergraduate: The award amount will be one thousand USD (US $1000)
Sir Hugh Rawlins Graduate Scholarship: The award amount will be two thousand USD (US$2000)
Ridley Guishard Scholarship: The award amount is two thousand, five hundred USD (US$2500)
All completed application packets must be submitted by July 30, 2016th. Application packets must be submitted electronically to email@example.com
To Apply: Visit www.spbsinc.org and complete application form and submit online or by E-Mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.